Search This Blog

Friday, September 12, 2008

Pasar malam traders?


People who knows us were obliged to buy a piece or two from us and we did not hesitate to call them if they were to miss us!!!


Who wears office wear to sell stuff at pasar malam? Looking gaudy as well, serious yogaing and pilates needed!


Poh at our initial stall which was at very busy road, we sold most of our cupcakes here before we were evacuated to a much quieter spot.


240 rice cupcakes arrived unannounced in my shop this morning. Not a big number, but I don't think the delicious yellow and purple sweet potatoes rice cupcakes are that sellable when the 15th day of Chinese calendar is still 2 days away, and when most of my customers do not know that we were selling these.

Lunch were great, we sold almost 90 of them, I sold some to a friend over my webcam, and I was still worried over the rest of them. Shall I feign ignorance and think these are only small losses? I could handle that. But why can't I do something I could have more control of?

I did what I would not do a year or 2 years ago. Sell at a pasar malam. Did it with Poh, my great friend! At the end, even though we were scolded(for using some traders' usual spots), and endured the setting sun heat, both of us enjoyed our little rendezvous.


No comments: