Search This Blog

Sunday, August 24, 2008

trend vs living it


I have got lots of respects for young entrepreneurs who make it big in the big bad business world. Like many people would said, I wish I have done it or thought of it first, some ideas just stared at you at your face waiting to be explored or discovered.

I was browsing through treehugger.com, I came across Factory Green, a new online eco-store, run by pre-med college students Jack Short and Daniel Lyons at the University of Missouri in their “free time.” Both of them stumbled upon this idea while studying in Europe where most people were living the solutions rather than talking about the problems. They started by employing fellow students and now a hit in countries such as Germany (of course!) Sweden and others.

I wonder if we do it in Malaysia, people would catch up they way they do in western countries? One of my customers remark still ringing in my ears, exclaiming to me not to expect her to bring eco bags as we Malaysian are not that civic minded enough. All this happened in front of her young son.

Some bragged how many bags they accumulated in Australia or in other countries and yet failing to use the bags in Malaysia.

Clearly the environment sets the pace.


No comments: