Search This Blog

Monday, June 9, 2008

What I read for amusements these days...

Remember after the recent general election many newpapers feature our new breed of local assemblyman/ADUN etc: telling us about them with their biodata and even asking about their contributions to the environment. I tell you, while I applaud them for being honest I was hoping they could say something profound than they don't throw rubbish everywhere or even switching off lights and water when not in used. Even one of a prominent minister wife pledging to only switch off the lights and turn off water when not in used. I mean yes, these simple gestures are often neglected by many people but we have been promoting this since I was like 10? Can we implement or promote something for drastic?

I have high hopes for people who holds and command positions since they have the power to influence. No one except one when I read mentioned they used a bag when they go shopping or recycles and that its because he leaves it to his wife. I know some might be doing it, probably failing to mention it but I just get mad when they fail to use the media to the environment advantage. If the leaders aren't doing it? How are they expect us the rakyat to follow?

No comments: