Search This Blog

Sunday, May 25, 2008

'Up all night' by Carmen Reid.


While I do read some serious literary books, I could not help but check out some "chick lits" where they always have funny but believable protagonists in situations that you can always relate to.

I read a few books by Carmen Reid, but her latest book "Up all night" had a green reporter as the lead, trying to break a cough vaccination story. While the book can be entertaining, the issue of green subjects mentioned can clearly stimulate thoughts amongst us especially when her ex husband who is a medical doctor shouted to her over the phone citing her claims on vaccinations as some printout from the internet.

I understand the doctor/ex husband frustrations, but I could not help but agree that what Jo the protagonist is looking at might be out there.

ps: I also like it that Carmen Reid made green issue sounds as serious as any daily news. Since it is serious. Oh, she also had a male character in her previous book who turned to organic strawberry farming.....

No comments: