Search This Blog

Saturday, May 31, 2008

soap for the soul




When a friend told me, while pointing to blocks of natural soaps, that we will pick the soap (smell of course) that is the most soothing for us at that particular moment. It should be the one that will soothe you most . What can you expect more than a soap that claims that it will also clean your consciences.

Its sounds absurd; soap?! But its different with soaps which was made everyday, using hands (in organic & LOHAS we believe in energy)that channels good vibrations, tree barks and wild herbs extracts that bring us closer to nature amidst our rat race.

I did not choose the Sishen Chinese herbs immediately. But felt in love with it after using it several time, mostly spent time smelling it. I felt I was in a forest where wild herbs grow in abundance.

My friend rely on the cypress soap. As he is native to the place that grows cypress trees in abundance- Taiwan, he had seen the greatness of the tree which would take 10 to 15 people to circle the tree. Insects leave this tree undisturbed due to its antiseptic properties thus cypress tree can live as long as 4000 years. Whenever he bathes, he felt as his worries are shared and supported by the great tree.

These soaps are made without prejudices and are left for its own colours to form, assimilate other ingredients to form its own character. Many have claims the soap its a living soap where the herbs still continue to work its purpose on us.

I think I overdid myself when I ended up with 3 bars of different soaps in bathroom. Sometimes even rinsing twice to try different soaps.....hahaha...

While many may regards that Yuan soap is just another soap that cleans. To some its may be a tool to remind us to reflect ourselves once in a while.

my favourite soap at the moment "sishen"...could not stop smelling....

No comments: