Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Gopala Vegetarian shop

Before my sister returned to China to continue her studies. Mum dragged us out early in the morning to have breakfast together in this shop in Brickfields. Apparently mum has brought the whole world there except me.........

Our order was done quickly and the next minute I found myself tasting piping hot idli with yummy dhaal and chutneys. I love my thosai with chutneys and drenched with dhaal but this is the first I tasted idhil.

My verdict: I will be back!!! Heard their grilled veggie satay was good too.......

Gopala Vegetarian restaurant is just situated behind Brickfields post office.

3 comments:

Sky said...

Just to let you know that the restaurant right beside 7 Eleven in Brickfields (behind/beside YMCA)serves great tasty lassi - can't remember the name

Also I find the chapatti at Srineela's (behind your block) to be very authentic and tasty as well. It's hard to find good atta flour nowadays.

Reese said...

Really!? will try to locate the shop in brickfields...thanks

Sri Neela's serves great tasting banana leaves rice too (I like their mint rice) with their fried bittergourd and potatoes.

Sky said...

Yes, but be warned. I like the sweet and sour taste and always get myself the sweet lassi. Not been there lately.

And how can I forget to mention Annalakshmi restaurant at Midvalley Megamall.... Their lassi is great. Food is good I believe (hard to pay attention with the drink)

Annalakshmi, according to my friend, was created by a foundation to help the hungry. They serve only vegetarian. You will also be tasked to judge how much you should pay them.

It's in the megamall building but the entrance is at the outdoor verandah near the police beat.